The Carry-On Experience
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Public Service Announcement: Stuntin' is a Haaaabit
I try to remain Hater-Free at all times...its worked pretty well in my opinion. Here's a little something I wanna throw out there though...it's all in love :)

If you have money stacks all over your page from Pimp My Profile...

If you have pictures of money stacks in your photo album, but its all small and shit, meaning you obviously copy and pasted...

If you rappin' about a glock under the seat of your phantom and various top notch liquors, and you a 15 year old without a license...

Then PLEASE don't ask for free beats...you got paper right?!

Nevermind that you don't have/do any of these things...that's not the point. Rap what you want to rap about...Hip Hop is expression. I don't agree with it, but I'm not gonna knock it.

But if you are talkin' somethin' on the microphone, then be about it! Jeezy is about that...Rick Ross is about that...I love those dudes.

But don't front like you have stacks, and ask for free stuff...that is just oxymoronic (yea i made that up).

I'm grindin' just like you. It makes no sense for me to give a free beat when you are gonna put it on an album that you're plannin' to hustle. There are very few I mess w/ on that level (the most inner of circles), and there is an understanding between us.

And 99% of the time, I'm gonna work with you on a budget or payment...as long as you aren't wack....because I am wacktose intolerant (*Kanye) and that doesn't look good for my sound to mix with wack rappers.

I'm a broke student/producer. That is my present....I embrace it, but I am not satisfied with it. Whatever you do, I challenge you to embrace, but strive for more!

Yea, I watched this video in my hormone-crazed adolescence...but if you sound like this, keep movin!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Jansport J @ 10:13 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At August 5, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good shit bruh
    -jimmi stone

     
  • At August 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ITS FUNNY THAT PEOPLE ASK FOR FREE MUSIC AND DONT THINK ITS A HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE PRODUCER.
    IF YOU RAP AND RESPECT THIS LIFE THEN PAY UP,PUT YO MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS.PRODUCERS INVEST ALOT OF MONEY AND EVEN MORE TIME INTO CRAFTING A STYLE OF THIER OWN AND WRITING MUSIC.LAST TIME I CHECKED ALL A RAPPER NEEDED WAS A PEN AND A PAD.REAL RECOGNIZE REAL.

     
  • At August 5, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Blogger Mikey McFly™ said…

    Yo I dig the blog and the music, keep me posted.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Jansport J
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

 

Links
Design By

Chris Kahl "I'm HipHop"